Day 127 (4 Months Sober)
Today I cross over the 4 month threshold. Even though it's a 'day at a time' process, I'm still actively looking at my future, because I have to allow myself to plan and prepare...and quite possibly dream, which is an astounding feat for me in the midst of this.
I'd like to recap the last 127 days. The following is brutally honest, and I don't expect it to sit well with the reader...but again, it's the truth behind what this experience is like...and it's the reason why I can never again ingest alcohol.
- 03/05/2017 - In the early hours, I made the choice to get behind the wheel and drive. As a result, I put lives in danger, including my own. I ended up smashing my head through my windshield and landed a DUI (6th in 17 years).
- 03/05/2017 - Incarcerated for my driving offense and held with a $30k bond for 24 days.
- 03/29/2017 - Released to an inpatient treatment facility in Carson City for 30 days.
- 04/04/.2017 - 30 Days sobriety. (consider that I'm under full supervision at this point)
- 03/29/2017 - Arraignment day pushed due to treatment program entry.
- 04/24/2017 - Supervised transport to retrieve camera equipment from my car at tow lot. Discovered that $12k of equipment had be stolen.
- 05/01/2017 - Completed program and reported to Dept of Alternate Sentencing (DAS) for monitoring until arraignment in Reno.
- 05/02/2017 - Began monitoring via SCRAM unit (ankle device that detects alcohol every 30 minutes).
- 05/02/2017 - Released ' Coming Clean ' live video on social media. Single most pivotal moment in my life.
- 05/03/2017 - 60 Days sobriety and the beginning of my 12-step recovery life.
- 05/04/2017 - Enrolled in Outpatient counseling at Footprints in Reno, a division of Vitality (where I'd completed my inpatient program).
- 05/16/2017 - Arraignment Day. Guilty plea entered. (SEE BLOG)
- 05/16/2017 - Moved from Dept of Alternate Sentencing (DAS) to Pretrial Services for weekly check-ins. These involve meeting with an assigned case supervisor who makes sure I'm alcohol free and maintaining my pretrial requirements (SCRAM, etc) . I share with her my meeting attendance and counseling sessions and other recovery related progress (which has been optional on my part).
- 06/05/2017 - 90 Days sobriety.
- 07/01/2017 - Blogs go LIVE on www.renotahoephotography.com
- 07/05/2017 - 4 Months sobriety.
- 07/19/2017 - Upcoming - Final court date @ 9am. Prayers for fairness, as I am diligently changing my life.
It goes without saying that there's been quite a few moving pieces...but this is just an outline. Daily, I am hustling from one place to the next, navigating my day to make all the loose ends gather together. I'm actively hunting for and finding applicable solutions to ensure that recovery becomes my lasting lifestyle.
I'm grateful to those who've supported my publicity and my transparent manner. It's not for everyone, and I understand that...But it sure is keeping me on point - and I'm really finding it refreshing. To implement something new that WORKS is almost like a revelation. For me, it just took an extra mile or two in order to gain the insight.
I'll check in again soon... These first 4 months have taught me so much. What I've lost is minimal in relation to what I'm now gaining.
#KiaKaha #Recovery #WhereIBelong #RenoTahoePhotography